Fiance(e) and Spousal Visas

Fiance(e) and Spousal Visas


Fiancé(e)  You may petition for a alien fiancé (K-1  Visa) and their eligible children 

(K-2 visa) to come to the United States  under a non-immigrant status if:

  • You are a U.S. citizen;
  • You and your fiancé(e) intend to marry within 90 days of your fiancé(e) entering the United States; and
  • You both are free to marry, and have met in person within two years before the filing of such petition unless:
    • The requirement to meet your fiancé(e) in person would violate strict and long-established customs of your or your fiancé(e)'s foreign culture or social practice; or
    • It is established that the requirement to personally meet your fiancé(e) would result in extreme hardship to you.

Spouse You may petition for a alien spouse (K-3 Visa) and their eligible children (K-4 Visa) to come to the United States as a non-immigrant if you are a U.S. citizen. This process takes longer for the admission of the alien as does the application for admission of the alien by the K-1 Visa.

Eligibility Requirements for Children of your Fiancé(e) or Spouse The children of your alien fiance or spouse must meet two requirements in order to be allowed to accompany the alien. The children must be unmarried and must be under 21 years of age.K-1 visa)